From April 28 to May 1, 2015 Wageningen University in the Netherlands will host the 22nd European Seminar on Extension and Education (ESEE).
The four-day event is organized in conjunction with the conference of the Association for the International Agricultural and Extension Education (AIAEE) and will bring together the majority of scholars from around the world who work in the field of agricultural extension and rural development communication.
One of the major conference themes is "EXTENSION, COMMUNICATION, INNOVATION", including:
- Agricultural extension in transition
- Capacity development for action-research in agro-ecosystems
- Communication for development
- Environmental and natural resource management
- Extension theory development
- Facilitating multiple-stakeholder processes
- Integrated rural planning and development
- Sustainable agricultural production
Two symposia are particularly relevant to CCComDev and will see the participation of several partner universities besides the hosts at Wageningen University, such as University of Queensland, University of Guelph, University of Reading and FAO ComDev:
- Linking Learning with Realities – Turning Theory into Practice
(April 29, Wednesday at 1:30-3:00 pm)
- Learning the Practice of Rural Development Professionalism: Challenging the Professional 2.0
(April 30, Thursday at 11:00am–12:00pm)
The full conference programme is available here
To know more about the conference, visit the dedicated page.