The World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters (AMARC) and the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) will conduct a three-day workshop on interactive community radio to enhance food security and family farming in Asia-Pacific. It will take place in Bangkok, Thailand, on September 19-21, 2016.
By promoting training in ComDev, FAO hopes to continue building capacity in the use of participatory approaches to address the knowledge and information needs of rural stakeholders and to facilitate their active involvement in development initiatives.
On July 22nd, KariaNet network in collaboration with FAO Regional Initiative on Small-Scale Family Farming and the Communication for Development team launched an online survey and discussion on ICT applications and rural communication for family farming, involving specialists and practitioners from the Near East and North Africa (NENA) region.
More Articles ...
- Evaluating communication for sustainable development at IAMCR 2016 Conference
- 5th International Conference on Mobile for Development
- E-Learning Centre: End child labour in agriculture
- Communication for Development: Degree Project starts August 2016
- Calling all chefs: share your pulses recipes to the world