The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has declared September 28 as the International Day for Universal Access to Information (IDUAI) based on a resolution on 17 November 2015 that proclaims September 28 of every year as such. Now on its second year, the declaration is relevant in achieving Sustainable Development Goal 16 (Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies), which highlights the importance of public access to information and protection of fundamental freedoms.
The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the International Centre for High-level Studies on Communication in Latin America (CIESPAL) co-organized a special session during the IAMCR Conference in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, focusing on experience sharing and learning opportunities in the field of rural Communication for Development (ComDev).
More Articles ...
- Book on evidence-based RCS evaluation out
- Calling all foodies: highlight your traditional dish from your region
- Call for participants: Webinar series on climate preparedness and resilience
- DPU Bangkok offers short course on Communication for Social Development
- Call for Papers: 7th ADCEP National Conference