On February 13th World Radio Day is celebrated worldwide. This year, in recognition radio’s ability to reach the widest audience worldwide in the quickest possible time, the theme of World Radio Day 2016 is “Radio in Times of Emergency and Disaster”.
Dr. Guy Bessette, consultant for international development and author of Involving the Community: A Guide to Participatory Development Communication talked about the importance of communication in development last February 1 at the College of Development Communication (CDC), UP Los Banos, Philippines.
To celebrate World Radio Day this year, SOAS Radio of the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, will host the event ‘World Radio Day London 2016: Radio and Peacebuilding’. The event will take place on the 15th February at the Brunei Gallery, SOAS, and host a trade fair followed by a panel discussion.
More Articles ...
- UNICEF Innovation Fund willing to invest in tech innovations for children
- Share your experiences for World Radio Day 2016!
- Sarawak celebrates the role of communication for development
- Countries agree to use Internet and ICTs in the implementation of new Sustainable Development Agenda
- CDC-UPLB shares reflections on global content management