To celebrate World Radio Day this year, SOAS Radio of the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London, will host the event ‘World Radio Day London 2016: Radio and Peacebuilding’. The event will take place on the 15th February at the Brunei Gallery, SOAS, and host a trade fair followed by a panel discussion.
UNICEF is looking to provide investment-style funding to early-stage tech startups that is willing to express their interest to fund open source technology solutions for children until 26 February 2016. Eligible institutions will be issued with Institutional Contracts with a selected number of successful vendors for a period of one year.
February 13th is World Radio Day (WRD), a celebration of community radio as a medium of primary importance. This Day aims to promote gender equality on the air, access to information, development of independent media, safety of journalists and freedom of expression.
Sarawak Development Institute (SDI) in Malaysia celebrated its 20 years of service and commitment to support the development agenda of the state of Sarawak last December 2, 2015.
Governor of the Malaysian state of Sarawak, Tun Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud, acknowledged that communication serves as a very important element for the development efforts of a country.
More Articles ...
- Countries agree to use Internet and ICTs in the implementation of new Sustainable Development Agenda
- CDC-UPLB shares reflections on global content management
- Recommendations from UNESCO seminar on community media sustainability
- Call for proposals: video on the use of VGGT for Indigenous Peoples
- Forum on Territorial Development, Innovation and Rural Communication in Latin America