Many studies have noted the decreasing interest of the youth in agriculture. However, digital technologies can facilitate youth engagement in the sector to address unemployment and food insecurity.
"Family farmers are key actors towards achieving food security, poverty reduction and environmental preservation if supported by an enabling policy environment" (FAO, 2018).
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has published a report on its work on family farming (FF) since the launch of the International Year of Family Farming (IYFF) in 2014.
The team behind the Collaborative Change Communication and ComDev Asia websites from the College of Development Communication, University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) conducted a planning-workshop on 25 July 2019 at UPLB.
More Articles ...
- IAMCR 2019 Sets Record-High Attendance
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World Report 2019 Released
- Innovations on Sustainable Food and Agriculture Recognized at FAO Awards
- Global Information Society Watch 2018 Report: Community Networks
- FAO and UPLB pledge to work together in promoting inclusive rural development