The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the International Centre for High-level Studies on Communication in Latin America (CIESPAL) co-organized a special session during the IAMCR Conference in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, focusing on experience sharing and learning opportunities in the field of rural Communication for Development (ComDev).
A book documenting evidence-based evaluation approaches for Rural Communication Services (RCS) has been published recently by FAO. Entitled “Inclusive Rural Communication Services: Building Evidence, Informing Policy”, the book analyzes the methodologies used for assessing and documenting RCS as part of agricultural and rural development policies and programs in various parts of the world. Data were drawn from a compilation of 19 cases in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Carribean.
UNFAO launched the first Sustainable Gastronomy Day last 18 June with a call for the foodies wordwide to submit their photo story featuring their traditional dishes with the hashtag, #MySustainableMeal and connect with @UNFAO.
More Articles ...
- Call for participants: Webinar series on climate preparedness and resilience
- DPU Bangkok offers short course on Communication for Social Development
- Call for Papers: 7th ADCEP National Conference
- Call for Paper and Poster Proposals: 3rd International Conference on Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (ICFAS 2017)
- Call for applicants: VOY Blogging Internship