The "Voice" grant facility was recently launched by the Netherlands Government in partnership with a consortium between Oxfam Novib and Hivos to amplify CSO's and marginalized groups' voice and participation in development processes.
UN FAO and the Brazilian government launched the first course self-learning on cotton production chain called, "Strategies for Strengthening the cotton Sector Development of Family Farming" through the Brazilian Cooperation Agency (ABC/MRE) in the area of Brazil Cooperation Programme FAO which started last 30 June 2016 and will run until 30 June 2017.
Workshop on enhancing community radio to improve food security and resilient family farming in the Asia-Pacific region
The World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters (AMARC) and the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) will conduct a three-day workshop on interactive community radio to enhance food security and family farming in Asia-Pacific. It will take place in Bangkok, Thailand, on September 19-21, 2016.
By promoting training in ComDev, FAO hopes to continue building capacity in the use of participatory approaches to address the knowledge and information needs of rural stakeholders and to facilitate their active involvement in development initiatives.
More Articles ...
- Online mapping: ICTs and RCS for small-scale family farmers in the NENA region
- Uni of Reading hosts dialogue on Communication for Development
- Evaluating communication for sustainable development at IAMCR 2016 Conference
- 5th International Conference on Mobile for Development
- E-Learning Centre: End child labour in agriculture